Cannot Move Folders in Shared mailbox: Outlook 2007
When try to move Folder in shared mailbox users gets Error Message as below
“Cannot Move the Items, Cannot Copy This Folder Because It may Contain Private Items”
This issue happens because by default users do not have access to private items in the mailbox, even though they have full mailbox access permission.
To fix this issue do the following
1) - Take full Access on the Shared mailbox
2) - Create a new outlook profile
3) - Add delegate permission for the user who should be able to move folders, follow the below steps to add delegates.
· Client on Tools, Options , select Delegates tab
· Now Click on Add to add delegate, Select user who should have permission to move folders
· When you see the prompt to setup permission check the box Delegate Can see my Private Items, I also added permission for inbox as editor and it work for me.
I am facing a similar issue. But I'm having trouble moving and deleting items from shared mailbox even though I have full access. The same is working fine for OWA but not in outlook. Please let me know what can I do for thisReplyDelete