Prepare Active Directory Schema for Exchange Server 2010 SP3
Step 1: PrepareLegacyExchangePermissions
To prepare legacy Exchange permissions in every domain in the forest that contains the Exchange Enterprise Servers and Exchange Domain Servers groups, run the following command.
setup /PrepareLegacyExchangePermissions or setup /pl
Note: You can skip this step and prepare the legacy Exchange permissions as part of Step 2 or Step 3.
The advantages of running each step separately are that you can run each step with an account that has the minimum permissions required for that step, and you can verify completion, success, and replication before continuing to the next step.
- To run this command to prepare every domain in the forest, you must be a member of the Enterprise Admins group.
- To run this command to prepare a specific domain, or if the forest has only one domain, you must be delegated the Exchange Organization Management role, and you must be a member of the Domain Admins group in the domain that you will prepare.
- If you don't specify a domain, the domain in which you run this command must be able to contact all domains in the forest.
- If the server can't contact a domain that must have legacy Exchange permissions prepared, it prepares the domains that it can contact, and then returns an error message that it was unable to contact some domains.
- You can run this command from any Windows Server 2008 server in the forest.
- You must run this command on a computer in the same domain and in the same Active Directory site as the schema master. Setup will make all configuration changes to the schema master to avoid conflicts because of replication latency. For more information, see Identify the schema master.
Step 2 : Prepare The Schema
Command: setup /PrepareSchema or setup /ps
Note : You can skip this step and prepare the schema as part of Step 3.
To run this command, you must be a member of the Schema Admins group and the Enterprise Admins group.
Step 3 : Organization Preparation
From a Command Prompt window, run the following command.
setup /PrepareAD or setup /p
Step 4: Prepare All Domain
To prepare all domain in forest run below command.
Verified Schema after completing all the steps
Post a Comment